CAN’T FIND THE ANSWERS YOU NEED?
EMAIL US ON: SALES@DIAMONDFUSION.CO.NZ
Why are you and your products different to the others?
- A: Firstly imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
There are quite a few glass protection products available, from various suppliers, offering various promises, and “warranties”. Diamond Fusion has been in NZ since the early 2000s, we have seen countless products come and go, many of them making unobtainable promises. Unfortunately the Surface Protection industry in NZ is completely unregulated. Anyone is free to import and sell almost whatever they like.
We regularly get phone calls from customers telling us they have had a product applied to their glass that the suppliers said is “just like Diamond Fusion” only to be disappointed with its performance, and then get little to no support from the supplier. Or we have the comment that “Glass coatings don’t work because we tried XX brand….” Both of these we don’t really like to hear, as it does taint the products that really do work.
Our key difference is that we only sell the best, we only sell what we believe in, and if we are aware that there is a better solution for your situation, we will tell you, even if it is sold by someone else.
What products do you have?
A: We have four main products and solutions:
Diamond Fusion easyClean™ – our most popular product. It is the world’s only patented system, and the worlds only TRUE lifetime glass protection.
Diamond Fusion easyClean is actually two incredibly thin coats, with layer one creating the permanent barrier to glass damage and layer two then capping that to give you the easy cleaning that we all want. Like all of our coatings, once applied, Diamond Fusion easyClean is immediately dry and ready to use and is an unbeatable application for all silica based surfaces, such as showers, splash-backs, glass balustrades and exterior glass surfaces.
Clear-Fusion PRO™ – Simply the best bang for your buck single layer product available anywhere. A little more care is involved when compared to Diamond Fusion easyClean, but it is more cost-effective. Clear Fusion Pro has a 10-year lifespan, which is extendable with after care products, and is focused mainly on exterior glass balustrades and exterior glass surfaces, however, is also excellent for shower glass.
Clear-Fusion V™– a great value single layer product. This comes with a 1 to 3 year lifespan and is focused mainly on interior glass balustrades and exterior glazing (such as your house windows, or Balustrades) to keep the environment dirt off them.
Clear Fusion V is also very good for shower glass, but does require periodic reapplication, or use of our aftercare products.
Restoration – is the surface used? does it have problem marking or staining? We have a variety of options available that we can use to restore that surface to a very good condition, which is then ready to have one of our protect products applied.
DIY™ – a range of great DIY products aimed at Restoration and protection of specific surfaces, including Residential, Commercial, Marine, & Automotive.
What surfaces do your products work on?
A: Glass – but also tiles, porcelain and other Silica based surfaces.
DFI nanotechnology (Diamond Fusion easyClean / Clear-FusionPRO / Clear-FusionV) chemically reacts with all silica-based surfaces such as glass, ceramic tile, and porcelain, as well as other products that contain silica. These products have no effect on other surfaces.
We also have a range of DIY kits that have products for acrylic and stainless steel also.
How long does it take?
A: We can be in and out within an hour for a new shower.
Once we leave, you can use the shower immediately as our products have no cure or drying time – which is a huge bonus when all you really want to do is use that new shower!
Also since our products have no curing or drying time it doesn’t matter what else is happening on site, the surface will not pick up dust from the work site, or get a rub mark from the plumber fitting off the shower after us.
If we are renovating your shower glass, the full job CAN take 2 or 3 hrs – sometimes longer – this just depends on how long the mineral baddies take to be coaxed out of the glass.
Note, Restoration is firstly priced based on level of marking and products required to remove the staining, and as below, not just time onsite.
The restoration process is a difficult process, it is hard on the operator, and equipment, every Restoration contains an allowance for operator recovery, consumables, and equipment maintenance.
Once treated will I still need to clean the treated surfaces?
A: Yes you will.
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a no clean surface.
The application of any glass protection product REDUCES cleaning time but it does not eliminate it entirely. Diamond Fusion easyClean™ and Clear Fusion are similar to the development of Teflon®* for cooking pans. While you can cook food in uncoated pans, it is so much easier to clean if you cook with Teflon®* coated pans. While you must still maintain your Diamond Fusion or Clear Fusion coated surface, the time and effort required is significantly reduced. We do also have a variety of different ways to maintain your surfaces, just talk to us about what result you want, and we can tailor a care package to suit you.
* Teflon® is a registered trademark of E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company.
Is it possible to renovate/restore and treat mineral stained older shower glass?
A: Absolutely, we can renovate most used shower glass using our proprietary glass cleaning products and mineral stain removers.
Most showers will Restore to 90-95% of new – but not all will be successful, it just depends on how bad the staining is, and what has been used on the shower previously. Our trained applicators will usually know once onsite if the glass is able to be cleaned. If the glass will not clean to the standard expected we will talk to you as soon as possible and discuss if you wish to proceed.
I am getting some spots or marks on my Diamond Fusion easyClean or Clear Fusion Surface.
A: The best solution depends on how long the marks have been on the surface, and how you are regularly taking care of your glass. i.e. are you drying your glass regularly and well? ( no problem if you are not, but we just need to understand what is happening, and so the best way to help)
Take a look at our product instructions page, about half way down each section the use of Restoration Powder and Revitalizer is covered, these two products will fix most things.
I have a coating that is not working, but its not from you, or I don't know what it is?
A: First, just talk to us, via the contact us form is good, tell us as much as you can, and what you are needing.
Most of the time we can find a solution, sometimes with our aftercare products, or sometimes its best to just clean it all off and start again.
Also see our “what is NanoCoating” page – https://www.diamondfusion.co.nz/nano-coated-glass/
See our price guide page – https://www.diamondfusion.co.nz/pricing/
Give us a call on 0800 66 72 78 with your size and situation for clarification
Is there a warranty provided with your products?
- A: Yes. But far more important than a warranty is the unbeatable lifespans of our products.
- Every application comes with an automatic 1 year warranty, however, Simply register your glass using the Unique number that will be provided on your instruction card, or sticker on the glass, to extend your warranty to the appropriate level, then your confirmation will then be emailed to you. Warranties do vary, depending on the product and application, and once registered, range from:
- Diamond Fusion easyClean is the worlds only permanent protection with our market leading Lifetime warranty on glass.
- Clear-Fusion PRO’s best performance for the price level 10 year warranty on glass.
- Clear-Fusion V’s limited 3 year warranty.
- Automotive and Marine warranties will depend on the product used and situation.
We also have our email followups, that, once registered, you will receive, which gives an easy point of contact should you have any questions, plus shares some handy tips and tricks, along with some great deals on our After-Care-Gear should you need it.
- In most areas we can also take care of your regular care & surface maintenance. Just talk to us with what you need.note – these warranties only apply to approved agent applied coatings, and are for residential applications – refer Shop for DIY details, and your application agent for commercial use.
When is the best time to get glass protected?
- Showers: when they are installed, we can be onsite and out within an hour, but its possible at any time.
- Balustrades: Usually it is easiest to apply once installed – consideration of access to them onsite is a big decider on where these are treated, if high, scaffold may be needed.
- Exterior glass: as above with Balustrades.
Will the glass be perfectly cleaned after it's done?
- We generally work to the same standard as glass installers. We do clean the surface we have been working on, however, we are not window cleaners. For new glass we do aim to leave it in at least the same standard of clarity it was before we start. And as with the clouding question, often the streaks and marks on the glass are not immediately apparent while we are there.
You can clean the glass with standard window cleaning methods, most glass liquid cleaners, methylated spirits, water/ white vinegar mix, or our recommended Sprayway Glass Cleaner.
DO NOT use harsh or abrasive cleaners.
I have a new application and my glass is cloudy. Has it been done right?
Great question. This can happen, and is mostly something we cannot control. It cannot be from a failure of the product as all of our products are optically clear, they cannot discolour the glass.
Clouding can be from a very light residue of the product on the glass, but usually it is from the temperature change from us working on the glass, in a shower, from body heat and the humidity from breath, for exterior it can be from a change in the air temperature.
It is totally harmless and will usually disappear by itself. Or, after a few hours, maybe the next day, or for a shower – when its used, this will generally disappear.
Give the glass a wipe with a clean cloth, clean with glass cleaner – we recommend Sprayway glass cleaner, or Meths, or rinse with clean, or soapy, water and dry the glass.
Also check the outside of the glass, most applications, except Balustrades, are to one side of the glass, we do not work on the other side.
What is nanotechnology and are your product safe?
A: Generally, Nanotechnology is safe and harmless, the term Nano, Nanoscale, or Nanometre is simply a measurement. https://www.psgr.org.nz/nanotechnology/nanotechology
Nanoscale technologies are the development and use of things that are measured with “nanometers”
- The prefix “Nano” means one billionth.
- One Nanometre is 1 billionth of a metre
- One millimetre is 1 thousandths of a metre, so there are one million nanometres in one millimetre.
- The two layers of Diamond Fusion easyClean are about 60 nanometres thick… or thin.
- A human hair or a piece of 80 GSM paper – what you usually use in your printer – are approximately 100,000 nanometres
All of our products are environmentally safe, and foodsafe, they will not harm you or wear off and detrimentally effect the environment.
What does contact angle mean?
- We have the world’s best contact angle at 101 degrees – higher contact angles result in surfaces being more repellent to water and other substances, showing reduced cleaning and maintenance – a win for our customers!
- We have the world’s best sliding angle at 13.1 degrees – the lower sliding angle indicates a greater degree of surface slipperiness, which results in water running from the surface, thereby improving clean-ability and clarity.
Do different surfaces require different cleaning?
A: We do have many different ways of caring for a surface, if you have specific needs, just talk to us, there is usually a solution. In most areas we can also take care of the regular maintenace for you.
Maintenance and care vary substantially according to the type of application (treated surface type and location/exposure) and the abrasion to which the treated material is exposed to. Abrasion means any mechanical (such as windshield wiper on a Vehicle, or Boat) or non-mechanical force (such as wind or dust) affecting the treated product. Therefore, an exterior architectural glass structure exposed to all kinds of weather conditions will require a much different maintenance and care than shower glass, or Tiles.
Where in the world is your product sold?
A: Most of our products are manufactured in California, USA, by DFI. These products have been licensed throughout the world: United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America, and sold in these markets under a variety of brand names. These are truly global products and millions of consumers use and continue to use their treated surfaces.
Our cleaning product, Restore, is developed, and made in NZ, so suits our unique conditions and water supply.